We tread lightly on the fragile lands of Africa, for this is our future, and this is our home. Our safaris will leave a lifelong impression on you but barely a footprint on the earth.
un-forgettable:- adj exceptional, extraordinary; too strong in effect to be forgotten
With immense pressure on Mother Earth, we believe in the preservation of our environment as critical for future generations. Africa's environment is both vast and diverse, but delicate, and in need of care. We take our responsibility towards the environment seriously, and do everything we can to ensure that we tread lightly and sustainably upon the earth.
We work closely with communities that have been involved with Safaris Unlimited since Tony started operating in the 1970s. Wherever we go, we try to ensure that our safaris leave a positive impact on the local community.
- We employ and train from local communities.
- Our food is home-grown or sourced from organic smallholdings where possible.
- We encourage visits to traditional villages, thus supporting rural communities.
- We provide scholarships for students.
- We support a number of schools by providing books, furniture, and maintaining buildings and infrastructure.
- We choose lodges that have a strong commitment to community and conservation.
© Safaris Unlimited (Africa) Ltd.